Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
A DEVELOPMENTAL-STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF TEMPORAL-ORDER ON THE ERPS ELICITED BY NOVEL ENVIRONMENTAL SOUNDS
Autore:
CYCOWICZ YM; FRIEDMAN D;
Indirizzi:
NEW YORK STATE PSYCHIAT INST & HOSP,COGNIT ELECTROPHYSIOL LAB,UNIT 58,722 W 168TH ST NEW YORK NY 10032
Titolo Testata:
Electroencephalography and clinical neurophysiology
fascicolo: 2, volume: 103, anno: 1997,
pagine: 304 - 318
SICI:
0013-4694(1997)103:2<304:ADOTEO>2.0.ZU;2-9
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
EVENT-RELATED POTENTIALS; SCALP DISTRIBUTION; PREFRONTAL LESIONS; AUDITORY-STIMULI; P300; AMPLITUDE; HABITUATION; CHILDREN; VARIANCE; ADULTS;
Keywords:
NOVELTY P3; COGNITIVE ERPS; TEMPORAL ORDER; COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT; NOVEL STIMULI;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
56
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
Y.M. Cycowicz e D. Friedman, "A DEVELOPMENTAL-STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF TEMPORAL-ORDER ON THE ERPS ELICITED BY NOVEL ENVIRONMENTAL SOUNDS", Electroencephalography and clinical neurophysiology, 103(2), 1997, pp. 304-318

Abstract

Event-related brain potentials (ERPs) were recorded from 16 subjects in each of the following age groups, 5-7, 9-11, 14-16, and 20-28 yearsof age. Subjects performed a novelty oddball task, in which frequent,standard tones (80% probability) were intermixed with infrequent tones to which the subject responded (10%), along with 48 unique novel, environmental sounds (10%). Analyses focused on the effects of temporal order (either serial order within the block or block number) in interaction with age group on the ERPs to the novel sounds. The amplitude and scalp distribution of two ERP components were analyzed, the 'noveltyP3,' assumed to reflect aspects of the orienting response, and the P3(2), a component that may be synonymous with the P3b. Evidence suggests that the frontal aspect of the scalp distribution of the novelty P3 depends upon the integrity of the prefrontal cortex. Temporal order produced systematic (primarily linear) reductions in novelty P3 amplitude that were greater at frontal than posterior electrode sites. The P3(2) did not show consistent effects of temporal order. Both of these phenomena were highly similar for all four age groups. It is concluded that the brain's response to novelty is similar across a wide age range, involving a neural circuit with both frontal and posterior elements. (C) 1997 Elsevier Science Ireland Ltd.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 07/07/20 alle ore 12:56:31