Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Clinical service standards at academic health centers
Autore:
Retchin, SM; Perlin, JB; Clark, RR;
Indirizzi:
Virginia Commonwealth Univ, Sch Med, Dept Internal Med, Richmond, VA 23298USA Virginia Commonwealth Univ Richmond VA USA 23298 d, Richmond, VA 23298USA Dept Vet Affairs, Vet Hlth Adm, Off Qual & Performance, Washington, DC USADept Vet Affairs Washington DC USA ual & Performance, Washington, DC USA
Titolo Testata:
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR QUALITY IN HEALTH CARE
fascicolo: 3, volume: 13, anno: 2001,
pagine: 247 - 256
SICI:
1353-4505(200106)13:3<247:CSSAAH>2.0.ZU;2-A
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
PRACTICE GUIDELINES; MANAGED CARE; STRATEGIES; MARKETS; QUALITY;
Keywords:
academic health centers; managed care; practice guidelines; quality; standards of care;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Citazioni:
17
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Retchin, SM Virginia Commonwealth Univ, Sch Med, Dept Internal Med, POB 980510, Richmond, VA 23298 USA Virginia Commonwealth Univ POB 980510 RichmondVA USA 23298 SA
Citazione:
S.M. Retchin et al., "Clinical service standards at academic health centers", INT J QUAL, 13(3), 2001, pp. 247-256

Abstract

Objective. To describe the content and variability for clinical service standards related to quality of care among a convenience sample of academic health centers. Design. We used the membership of the University HealthSystem Consortium, an alliance of academic health centers in the United States for clinical services, to sun;ey electronically 53 of these centers regarding clinical service standards. The survey evaluated sen-ice standards in four areas; general communications, communications between physicians, ambulator) and inpatient clinical sere-ices and administrative standards. Results. Thirty-four institutions responded to the sun-ey (64%). Of these,16 (47%) had clinical service standards, while the remaining 18 (53%) had not established formal standards. A feu of the centers had established standards for patient communications, such as policies for answering telephonesby staff More had developed standards for communications between physicians and most centers had established standards for appointment availability, especially for urgent visits. However, clinical service standards were lesstypical for inpatient consultative or diagnostic services. A small number of the academic health centers had standards for hours of operation and forhandling administrative matters, such as patient complaints. For many clinical sen-ice standards at the centers, there were notable variations (e.g. non-urgent primary care visits ranged 3-14 days). Conclusion. Some academic health centers have developed and implemented patient-centered clinical sen ice standards for diverse areas of practice, however, the standards used appear to van for some aspects of care, but not for others.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 05/04/20 alle ore 19:05:12