Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Improved reproducibility of intravascular ultrasound assessment of coronary in-stent neointima with the use of an echogenic contrast agent
Autore:
Masuda, J; Terashima, M; Yokoyama, M;
Indirizzi:
Akashi Natl Hosp, Dept Cardiol, Akashi, Hyogo 6740063, Japan Akashi Natl Hosp Akashi Hyogo Japan 6740063 Akashi, Hyogo 6740063, Japan Miki City Hosp, Miki, Kagawa, Japan Miki City Hosp Miki Kagawa JapanMiki City Hosp, Miki, Kagawa, Japan Kobe Univ, Dept Internal Med 1, Kobe, Hyogo 657, Japan Kobe Univ Kobe Hyogo Japan 657 ept Internal Med 1, Kobe, Hyogo 657, Japan
Titolo Testata:
JAPANESE CIRCULATION JOURNAL-ENGLISH EDITION
fascicolo: 7, volume: 65, anno: 2001,
pagine: 632 - 636
SICI:
0047-1828(200107)65:7<632:IROIUA>2.0.ZU;2-1
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
CONVENTIONAL BALLOON ANGIOPLASTY; PALMAZ-SCHATZ STENTS; FOLLOW-UP; RESTENOSIS; EXPERIENCE; ARTERIES; IMPLANTATION; MULTICENTER; RECOIL; MODEL;
Keywords:
echogenic contrast agent; in-stent neointima; intravascular ultrasound; reproducibility;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
22
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Masuda, J Akashi Natl Hosp, Dept Cardiol, 743-33 Yagi,Ohkubo Cho, Akashi, Hyogo 6740063, Japan Akashi Natl Hosp 743-33 Yagi,Ohkubo Cho Akashi Hyogo Japan 6740063
Citazione:
J. Masuda et al., "Improved reproducibility of intravascular ultrasound assessment of coronary in-stent neointima with the use of an echogenic contrast agent", JPN CIRC J, 65(7), 2001, pp. 632-636

Abstract

The present study evaluated a new technique that has the potential to improve the border detection of in-stent neointima using an echogenic contrast agent during intravascular ultrasound (IVUS). To confirm the reproducibility of IVUS imaging for measuring the cross-sectional in-stent neointima area, inter- and intra-observer variability and correlation were determined. Conventional IVUS (plain IVUS) and IVUS using a contrast agent (contrast IVUS) were performed in 24 subjects 6.5 +/-1.5 months after undergoing a Palmaz-Schatz coronary stent implant. Conventional IVUS delineated completely thein-stent neointima in 6 subjects (25%). In the remaining 18 subjects (75%), delineation of the neointima was incomplete despite the use of various combinations of imaging conditions (eg, transmission, compress, post-process). With contrast IVUS, the boundary of the neointima, and therefore the neointima area, was clearly distinguishable, and this resulted in complete delineation of the neointima in all 24 subjects. With a contrast agent, inter- and intra-observer variability significantly decreased (0.94 +/-0.69 mm(2) conventional IVUS vs 0.37 +/-0.40mm(2) contrast IVUS, p<0.001; 0.69<plus/minus>0.56 mm(2) conventional IVUS vs 0.07 +/-0.10 mm(2) contrast IVUS, p<0.0001; respectively). Thus, contrast IVUS provides a reproducible method for the quantitative analysis of in-stent neointima with excellent inter- and intra-observer correlation.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 01/04/20 alle ore 23:19:28