Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Multistep renal carcinogenesis as gene expression disease in tumor suppressor TSC2 gene mutant model - genotype, phenotype and environment
Autore:
Hino, O; Majima, S; Kobayashi, T; Honda, S; Momose, S; Kikuchi, Y; Mitani, H;
Indirizzi:
Inst Canc, Dept Expt Pathol, Toshima Ku, Tokyo 1708455, Japan Inst Canc Tokyo Japan 1708455 t Pathol, Toshima Ku, Tokyo 1708455, Japan
Titolo Testata:
MUTATION RESEARCH-FUNDAMENTAL AND MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF MUTAGENESIS
fascicolo: 1-2, volume: 477, anno: 2001,
pagine: 155 - 164
SICI:
1386-1964(20010602)477:1-2<155:MRCAGE>2.0.ZU;2-D
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
EKER RAT MODEL; TUBEROUS SCLEROSIS TSC2; DOMINANTLY INHERITED CANCER; CHRONIC ACTIVE HEPATITIS; CELL CARCINOMA; SUSCEPTIBILITY GENE; EMBRYONIC LETHALITY; PREDISPOSING GENE; SOMATIC MUTATION; ALLELIC LOSS;
Keywords:
Eker rat; Nihon rat; Tsc genes; Niban gene;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
59
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Hino, O Inst Canc, Dept Expt Pathol, Toshima Ku, 1-37-1 Kami Ikebukuro, Tokyo 1708455, Japan Inst Canc 1-37-1 Kami Ikebukuro Tokyo Japan 1708455 708455, Japan
Citazione:
O. Hino et al., "Multistep renal carcinogenesis as gene expression disease in tumor suppressor TSC2 gene mutant model - genotype, phenotype and environment", MUT RES-F M, 477(1-2), 2001, pp. 155-164

Abstract

Cancer is an inheritable disorder of somatic cells. Environment and heredity both operate in the origins of human cancer. These environmental and genetic determinants of cancer can be classified into four groups designated "Oncodemes" [1]. Oncodeme 1 is the irreducible "background" level of cancer due to spontaneous mutagenesis. Oncodeme 2 is "environmentally induced" cancer, whose causative agents are chemical carcinogens, radiation and viruses. Oncodeme 3 isbasically "environmentally induced" cancer, but there are genetically determined differences among persons, e.g. the activation or inactivation of carcinogenes. Most human cancers are believed to belong to Oncodemes 2 and/or3 (about 80%), for which the probability of the occurrence of the initial carcinogenic step(s) is increased, although the number of steps is not decreased. Oncodeme 1 would contain the approximately 20% that would remain if "environmentally induced" cancers (Oncodeme 2 and/or 3) were prevented. Lastly, Oncodeme 4 is "hereditary" cancer. Hereditary cancers could prove valuable in elucidating carcinogenesis, even though only a small proportion of cancers belong to this group. Here, we present a unique animal model of Oncodeme 4 for the study of problems in carcinogenesis; e.g. cell stage and tissue/cell-type-specific tumorigenesis, multistep carcinogenesis, species-specific differences in tumorigenesis, modifier gene(s) in renal carcinogenesis and cancer prevention. (C) 2001 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 21/09/20 alle ore 16:17:08