Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Effect of cataract surgery on intraocular pressure in eyes with previous trabeculectomy
Autore:
Mietz, H; Andresen, A; Welsandt, G; Krieglstein, GK;
Indirizzi:
Univ Cologne, Dept Ophthalmol, D-50924 Cologne, Germany Univ Cologne Cologne Germany D-50924 phthalmol, D-50924 Cologne, Germany
Titolo Testata:
GRAEFES ARCHIVE FOR CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL OPHTHALMOLOGY
fascicolo: 10, volume: 239, anno: 2001,
pagine: 763 - 769
SICI:
0721-832X(200110)239:10<763:EOCSOI>2.0.ZU;2-8
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
ADJUNCTIVE MITOMYCIN-C; TERM FOLLOW-UP; LENS IMPLANTATION; RISK-FACTORS; GLAUCOMA; PHACOTRABECULECTOMY; PHACOEMULSIFICATION; 5-FLUOROURACIL; EXTRACTION; TRIAL;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Citazioni:
36
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Mietz, H Univ Cologne, Dept Ophthalmol, D-50924 Cologne, Germany Univ Cologne Cologne Germany D-50924 , D-50924 Cologne, Germany
Citazione:
H. Mietz et al., "Effect of cataract surgery on intraocular pressure in eyes with previous trabeculectomy", GR ARCH CL, 239(10), 2001, pp. 763-769

Abstract

Purpose: To determine the course of the intraocular pressure in eyes in which cataract surgery was performed after trabeculectomy. Methods: This was a retrospective study of consecutive patients who were scheduled for routine cataract surgery. The patients had previously undergone glaucoma filtering surgery. Pre- and postoperative data were evaluated. Both the status of glaucoma and the increase in visual acuity were monitored. Results: Patientsoperated on over a six-year period were enrolled. The mean interval between glaucoma surgery and cataract surgery was 58.1 months. The mean duration of follow-up after cataract surgery was 31.4 months, with a minimum of 12 months. The mean central visual acuity increased by 4 lines. Before cataractsurgery, 53% of the eyes had complete success (group 1), while 28% had qualified success (group 2) and the remaining 19% were failures (group 3). From group 1, 61% remained a complete success until the last visit. No eye of group I developed a failure. In group 2, 23% were a complete success at thefinal follow-up, while 4% failed. In group 3, only 35% were failures whilethe remaining 65% were a complete or qualified success. Conclusions: Eyes with a well-controlled intraocular pressure following trabeculectomy seem to have a favorable prognosis after subsequent cataract surgery. Eyes with qualified success or failure before cataract surgery have a slight chance ofimprovement in intraocular pressure control. Cataract surgery had no markedly negative effect on the intraocular pressure overall. Performing trabeculectomy and cataract surgery at different times may still be a feasible option as opposed to combined procedures.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 30/11/20 alle ore 05:34:07