Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in aortocoronary saphenous vein bypass grafts
Autore:
Bobryshev, YV; Farnsworth, AE; Lord, RSA;
Indirizzi:
Univ New S Wales, St Vincents Hosp, Professorial Surg Unit, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia Univ New S Wales Darlinghurst NSW Australia 2010 rst, NSW 2010, Australia St Vincents Hosp, Dept Cardiothorac Surg, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia St Vincents Hosp Darlinghurst NSW Australia 2010 rst, NSW 2010, Australia
Titolo Testata:
CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
fascicolo: 5, volume: 9, anno: 2001,
pagine: 492 - 498
SICI:
0967-2109(200110)9:5<492:EOVEGF>2.0.ZU;2-K
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
CORONARY ATHEROSCLEROTIC PLAQUES; CELL-ADHESION MOLECULE-1; SMOOTH-MUSCLE CELLS; PERMEABILITY FACTOR; FACTOR GENE; PATHOPHYSIOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE; NEOVASCULAR EXPRESSION; GLIOMA-CELLS; IN-VIVO; HYPOXIA;
Keywords:
vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF); aortocoronary saphenous vein bypass grafts; intimal neovascularisation;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Citazioni:
46
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Bobryshev, YV Univ New S Wales, St Vincents Hosp, Professorial Surg Unit, Level 17,O Brien Bldg,Victoria St, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia Univ New S Wales Level 17,O Brien Bldg,Victoria St Darlinghurst NSW Australia 2010
Citazione:
Y.V. Bobryshev et al., "Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in aortocoronary saphenous vein bypass grafts", CARDIOV SUR, 9(5), 2001, pp. 492-498

Abstract

Neovascularisation is a prominent feature of long-term aortocoronary saphenous vein bypass grafts but mechanisms involved in the formation of neovessels have not been previously studied. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) is an important angiogenic factor that induces migration and proliferation of endothelial cells, enhances permeability and modulates thrombogenecity. This study investigated the expression of VEGF in aortocoronary saphenous vein bypass grafts. Aortocoronary saphenous vein bypass grafts with angiographic luminal stenosis of > 75% were explanted from 14 patients at redocoronary artery bypass grafting. The grafts demonstrated two distinct forms of graft occlusion: four out of the 14 graft occlusions (29%) resulted from severe hyperplastic transformation of the intima complicated by thrombi ;attached to the degenerating liminal endothelium; the remaining graft occlusions (71%) were due to the development of atherosclerotic lesions associated with mural thrombosis. Hiperplastically altered intimal segments were practically free of neovascularisation while atherosclerotic-like lesions contained neovessels irregularly distributed throughout. Intimal neovessels were located exclusively in microzones enriched with VEGF-expressing cells and, furthermore, neovascular endothelial cells themselves also displayed VEGF immunopositivity. Double-immunostaining revealed that in areas of neovascularisation. the vast majority macrophages (CD68+) expressed VEGF. Some CD68+ foam cells that surrounded branches of neovascularisation were also VEGF-positive. These findings suggest that VEGF expressed by neovascular endothelial cells and by macrophages may act as a local regulator of endothelialcells functions and may induce intimal neovascularisation in aortocoronarysaphenous vein bypass grafts affected by atherosclerosis. (C) 2001 The International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery. Published by Elsevier Science Ltd. All rights reserved.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 04/04/20 alle ore 12:24:31