Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)
Titolo: Combined effects of protamine and monocaprin on growth inhibition of Escherichia coli.
Autore: Miyaguchi, Y; Suzuki, T; Tsutsumi, M;
- Ibaraki Univ, Coll Agr, Ibaraki, Osaka 3000393, Japan Ibaraki Univ Ibaraki Osaka Japan 3000393 r, Ibaraki, Osaka 3000393, Japan
- Titolo Testata:
- JOURNAL OF THE JAPANESE SOCIETY FOR FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-NIPPON SHOKUHIN KAGAKU KOGAKU KAISHI
pagine: 498 - 506
- Tipo documento:
- Settore Disciplinare:
- Agriculture,Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Indirizzi per estratti:
- Indirizzo: Miyaguchi, Y Ibaraki Univ, Coll Agr, 3-21-1 Ami Machi Chuo, Ibaraki, Osaka3000393, Japan Ibaraki Univ 3-21-1 Ami Machi Chuo Ibaraki Osaka Japan 3000393
- Y. Miyaguchi et al., "Combined effects of protamine and monocaprin on growth inhibition of Escherichia coli.", J JPN SOC F, 48(7), 2001, pp. 498-506
Abstract Antibacterial action of protamine combined with monocaprin against E. coliwas investigated. The growth of E. coli was inhibited by protamine strongly at higher concentrations, and at levels greater than 0.05% (w/w), protamine perfectly suppressed the growth of E. coli during SOC-incubation for 44 h. Monocaprin showed higher antibacterial activity than any other reagents in the presence of protamine (0.003% w/w). The combined use of protamine and monocaprin greatly suppressed the growth of E. coli during incubation at various temperatures (20-40 degrees). The suitable pH for antibacterial action of protamine combined with monocaprin was in the pH region of 5-7. Protamine more actively prevented the colony-formation of E. coli than monocaprin. Cell-surface hydrophobicity of E. coli increased by the addition of protamine. Monocaprin caused a leakage of UV-absorbing substances from E. coliSuccinate dehydrogenase activity in the E. coli cell membrane was rapidly reduced by the addition of protamine combined with monocaprin.
ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 24/01/20 alle ore 12:18:55