Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Gender and referral to cataract surgery in Sweden
Autore:
Olofsson, P; Lundstrom, M; Stenevi, U;
Indirizzi:
Blekinge Hosp, Dept Ophthalmol, S-37185 Karlskrona, Sweden Blekinge Hosp Karlskrona Sweden S-37185 lmol, S-37185 Karlskrona, Sweden Sahlgrens Univ Hosp, Dept Ophthalmol, Molndal, Sweden Sahlgrens Univ HospMolndal Sweden sp, Dept Ophthalmol, Molndal, Sweden
Titolo Testata:
ACTA OPHTHALMOLOGICA SCANDINAVICA
fascicolo: 4, volume: 79, anno: 2001,
pagine: 350 - 353
SICI:
1395-3907(200108)79:4<350:GARTCS>2.0.ZU;2-2
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
BEAVER DAM EYE; LENS OPACITIES; POPULATION; PREVALENCE; REGISTER; OUTCOMES; AGE;
Keywords:
cataract surgery; referral; gender; first eye surgery;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Citazioni:
18
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Lundstrom, M Blekinge Hosp, Dept Ophthalmol, S-37185 Karlskrona, Sweden Blekinge Hosp Karlskrona Sweden S-37185 Karlskrona, Sweden
Citazione:
P. Olofsson et al., "Gender and referral to cataract surgery in Sweden", ACT OPHTH S, 79(4), 2001, pp. 350-353

Abstract

Purpose: To investigate how cataract surgery was initiated and analyse possible gender difference in referral to surgery. Methods: Consecutive patients scheduled for first eye cataract surgery at three Swedish community-run eye departments were interviewed concerning howsurgery was initiated. Results: 649 patients were interviewed and 63.2% were female. The number of patients referred to surgery by an earlier contact with a health care provider was 271 (41.8%) and the remaining 378 (58.2%) patients had actively requested advice or help because of visual problems caused by cataract and without a prior regular contact. 44.7% of female patients were referred through a health care provider they visited for reasons other than cataract andthe corresponding number for male patients was 36.8%. This gender difference is statistically significant at the 5% level. Conclusion: A health care provider that patients visited for other problems than cataract referred female patients to cataract surgery to a significantly higher degree than male patients.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 18/01/20 alle ore 13:11:18