Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Impact of the axillary nodal status on sentinel node mapping in breast cancer and its relevance for technical proceeding
Autore:
Heuser, T; Rink, T; Weller, E; Fitz, H; Zippel, HH; Kreienberg, R; Kuhn, T;
Indirizzi:
Municipal Hosp, Dept Obstet & Gynecol, D-63450 Hanau, Germany Municipal Hosp Hanau Germany D-63450 t & Gynecol, D-63450 Hanau, Germany Municipal Hosp, Dept Nucl Med, D-63450 Hanau, Germany Municipal Hosp Hanau Germany D-63450 pt Nucl Med, D-63450 Hanau, Germany Univ Ulm, Med Ctr, Dept Obstet & Gynecol, Ulm, Germany Univ Ulm Ulm Germany Ulm, Med Ctr, Dept Obstet & Gynecol, Ulm, Germany
Titolo Testata:
BREAST CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT
fascicolo: 2, volume: 67, anno: 2001,
pagine: 125 - 132
SICI:
0167-6806(200105)67:2<125:IOTANS>2.0.ZU;2-L
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
SUBAREOLAR INJECTION; INITIAL EXPERIENCE; BLUE-DYE; BIOPSY; DISSECTION; LYMPHOSCINTIGRAPHY; LYMPHADENECTOMY; MORBIDITY;
Keywords:
blue dye; breast cancer; lymphoscintigraphy; sentinel node; technical proceeding;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
25
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Heuser, T Municipal Hosp, Dept Obstet & Gynecol, Leimenstr 20, D-63450 Hanau, Germany Municipal Hosp Leimenstr 20 Hanau Germany D-63450 anau, Germany
Citazione:
T. Heuser et al., "Impact of the axillary nodal status on sentinel node mapping in breast cancer and its relevance for technical proceeding", BREAST CANC, 67(2), 2001, pp. 125-132

Abstract

Objective. The aim of this study is to analyze whether the axillary statusinfluences the lymphatic mapping procedure in malignant breast disease andwhether clinically relevant consequences for the technique of Sentinel Node (SN) biopsy may be drawn from this information. Materials and methods. SN biopsy was performed in 150 consecutive patientsusing a combination of the radioguided and the blue-dye technique. Axillary status was compared with the number of detected nodes. In cases of numerous nodes with tracer uptake, the radioactivity of each radiolabeled node was measured separately in a dose calibrator. We analyzed whether an increased tracer uptake could possibly indicate a 'true' or 'dominant' SN. Blue dyeuptake was registered and compared with radioactivity. The findings were related to the histologic results. Results. In patients with a positive axillary status, significantly more radiolabeled nodes were detected than in node negative patients (median 3 vs. 2; p < 0.001). In 54/86 patients with numerous SNs a 'dominant' node withat least twice the radioactivity than other marked nodes could be identified (62.8 %). From 26 cases with axillary involvement, 20 patients (76.9 %) were identified by the 'dominant' and the remaining six women (23.1 %) by others than the seemingly leading SN. Conclusion. Axillary lymph node involvement influences the drainage pattern in breast cancer. Patients with numerous SNs have an increased risk of axillary involvement. A high tracer uptake does not permit the identificationof a 'true' SN. A lack of surgical accuracy may lead to pitfalls if the axilla is not screened carefully for all radioactive nodes.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 13/07/20 alle ore 07:45:11