Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Dental trauma management awareness of Singapore pre-school teachers
Autore:
Sae-Lim, V; Lim, LP;
Indirizzi:
Natl Univ Singapore, Fac Dent, Dept Restorat Dent, Singapore 119260, Singapore Natl Univ Singapore Singapore Singapore 119260 ngapore 119260, Singapore Natl Univ Singapore, Fac Dent, Dept Prevent Dent, Singapore 119260, Singapore Natl Univ Singapore Singapore Singapore 119260 ngapore 119260, Singapore
Titolo Testata:
DENTAL TRAUMATOLOGY
fascicolo: 2, volume: 17, anno: 2001,
pagine: 71 - 76
SICI:
1600-4469(200104)17:2<71:DTMAOS>2.0.ZU;2-H
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
AVULSED TEETH; EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT; PARENTAL AWARENESS; CHILDREN; STORAGE; MILK;
Keywords:
dental trauma; survey; attitudes; knowledge; pre-school teachers;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Citazioni:
19
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Sae-Lim, V Natl Univ Singapore, Fac Dent, Dept Restorat Dent, Lower Kent Ridge Rd, Singapore 119260, Singapore Natl Univ Singapore Lower Kent Ridge Rd Singapore Singapore 119260
Citazione:
V. Sae-Lim e L.P. Lim, "Dental trauma management awareness of Singapore pre-school teachers", DENT TRAUMA, 17(2), 2001, pp. 71-76

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to assess the awareness of pre-school teachers concerning the management of traumatized teeth. A questionnaire survey of teachers' backgrounds, attitudes/ practices and knowledge was distributedto all teachers who attended a dental education program organized by the Singapore Dental Health Foundation. Of a total of 291 teachers sun eyed, 29%had received tertiary education, while the rest (71%) had received secondary education. The mean teaching experience was 6.8+/-6.9 years. About a quarter had previous experience in handling dental trauma. Sixty-three percentadmitted having no knowledge of dental trauma: 79% were unsatisfied with their level of knowledge in this area; 95% were keen to hare further education in dental trauma; 65% thought dental trauma emergency should be dealt with as soon as possible. Concerning knowledge, during-office hour emergency services were more familiar (84%) than after-office hour emergency services(15%), as was the concept of management of avulsed teeth (71%) compared tothat of fractured teeth (51%). Knowledge about optimal storage media for avulsed permanent teeth was especially poor - being as low as 15%. Using multiple logistic regression analysis: it was found that teaching experience significantly influenced the respondents' self-assessed knowledge and their level of satisfaction with their knowledge (P=0.012) Teachers with more teaching experience had better knowledge about the replantation of permanent teeth (P=0.003). It is recommended that public education targeted at teachers should be carried out to increase dental trauma management awareness.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 24/01/20 alle ore 12:41:14