Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Effect of intravenous omega-6 and omega-3 fat emulsions on nitrogen retention and protein kinetics in burned rats (Reprinted from Nutrition, vol 15, pg 135-139, 1999)
Autore:
Hayashi, N; Tashiro, T; Yamamori, H; Takagi, K; Morishima, Y; Otsubo, Y; Sugiura, T; Furukawa, K; Nitta, H; Nakajima, N; Suzuki, N; Ito, I;
Indirizzi:
Chiba Univ, Sch Med, Dept Surg 1, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260, Japan Chiba Univ Chiba Japan 260 h Med, Dept Surg 1, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260, Japan Chiba Univ, Sch Med, Dept Biochem 2, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260, Japan Chiba UnivChiba Japan 260 ed, Dept Biochem 2, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260, Japan Chiba Univ, Sch Med, Anim Lab Ctr, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260, Japan Chiba Univ Chiba Japan 260 Med, Anim Lab Ctr, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260, Japan
Titolo Testata:
NUTRITION
fascicolo: 3, volume: 17, anno: 2001,
pagine: 212 - 216
SICI:
0899-9007(200103)17:3<212:EOIOAO>2.0.ZU;2-C
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
TOTAL PARENTERAL-NUTRITION; TUMOR-NECROSIS-FACTOR; DIETARY SUPPLEMENTATION; RHEUMATOID-ARTHRITIS; CYTOKINE PRODUCTION; MONONUCLEAR-CELLS; FISH-OIL; ACIDS; PROLIFERATION;
Tipo documento:
Reprint
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
29
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Hayashi, N Chiba Univ, Sch Med, Dept Surg 1, Chuo Ku, 1-8-1 Inohana, Chiba260, Japan Chiba Univ 1-8-1 Inohana Chiba Japan 260 ana, Chiba 260, Japan
Citazione:
N. Hayashi et al., "Effect of intravenous omega-6 and omega-3 fat emulsions on nitrogen retention and protein kinetics in burned rats (Reprinted from Nutrition, vol 15, pg 135-139, 1999)", NUTRITION, 17(3), 2001, pp. 212-216

Abstract

The effect of omega -3 fat emulsion on nitrogen retention and kinetics in relation to fatty acid profile were investigated in burned rats receiving total parenteral nutrition (TPN). A fat emulsion of a structured symmetricaltriacylglycerol containing only eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) (2:1) was prepared. Sprague-Dawley rats were fed by fat-free chow for 2 wk. Then rats were fed exclusively with one of three types ofTPN for 7 d. Animals in group C received fat-free TPN (n = 11). Group omega6 received safflower oil fat emulsion, which accounted for 20% of total caloric intake (n = 11). Group omega3 received fat emulsion containing only EPA and DHA (1% of total calories, n = 11), in addition to safflower oil emulsion (19% of total calories). On day 5, each rat was subjected to 20% full-thickness scald bums. Rats were sacrificed under ether anesthesia 48 h after burning. The rats in group C became deficient in omega -6 essential fatty acids. Cumulative nitrogen balance was decreased significantly in group omega6. The rates of whole-body protein synthesis were increased significantly in both groups omega6 and omega3. In omega6, however, the rates of whole-body protein breakdown were increased significantly. In conclusion, the rates of whole-body protein breakdown increased and nitrogen retention was aggravated significantly in animals administered the safflower oil emulsion. Significant increases of urinary excretion of total catecholamine were alsoobserved. Prostaglandin E-2 and thromboxane B-2 concentrations were not significantly different among three groups. Supplementation with the new omega -3 fat emulsion, however, improved protein metabolism in burned rats receiving TPN. Nutrition 2001;17:212-216. (C) Elsevier Science Inc. 2001.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 15/01/21 alle ore 22:00:26