Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Choroidal melanoma microcirculation with confocal indocyanine green angiography before and 1 year after radiation brachytherapy
Autore:
Schaller, UC; Mueller, AJ; Bartsch, DU; Freeman, WR; Kampik, A;
Indirizzi:
Univ Munich, Univ Eye Hosp, D-80336 Munich, Germany Univ Munich Munich Germany D-80336 niv Eye Hosp, D-80336 Munich, Germany Univ Calif San Diego, Shiley Eye Ctr, Dept Ophthalmol, San Diego, CA 92103USA Univ Calif San Diego San Diego CA USA 92103 almol, San Diego, CA 92103USA
Titolo Testata:
RETINA-THE JOURNAL OF RETINAL AND VITREOUS DISEASES
fascicolo: 6, volume: 20, anno: 2000,
pagine: 627 - 632
SICI:
0275-004X(2000)20:6<627:CMMWCI>2.0.ZU;2-U
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
UVEAL MELANOMA; HISTOPATHOLOGIC FINDINGS; FLUORESCEIN ANGIOGRAPHY; LASER OPHTHALMOSCOPY; MALIGNANT MELANOMAS; PLAQUE THERAPY; CILIARY BODY; FOLLOW-UP; EYES;
Keywords:
choroidal melanoma; microcirculation; radiation therapy; indocyanine green angiography; confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope; tumor;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Citazioni:
18
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Mueller, AJ Univ Munich, Univ Eye Hosp, Mathildenstr 8, D-80336 Munich, Germany Univ Munich Mathildenstr 8 Munich Germany D-80336 ch, Germany
Citazione:
U.C. Schaller et al., "Choroidal melanoma microcirculation with confocal indocyanine green angiography before and 1 year after radiation brachytherapy", RETINA, 20(6), 2000, pp. 627-632

Abstract

Purpose: The authors previously demonstrated that confocal indocyanine green (ICG) angiography is capable of imaging the microcirculation of choroidal melanomas, The purpose of this study is to report their observations regarding the response of the microcirculation using confocal ICG at 1 year after radiation brachytherapy. Methods: Thirteen patients with unilateral choroidal melanoma were examined once before and several times up to 1 year after radiation brachytherapy (lodine-125 or Ruthenium-106 plaque). At each visit, a complete ophthalmologic examination including standardized echography and fluorescein and ICG angiography was obtained, the latter using a confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope. Results: In 10 patients (77%), the tumor microcirculation changed considerably within 1 year after treatment. Distortion, thickening, thinning, and complete obliteration of vessels could be observed, In the other 3 patients (23%), no changes in the microcirculation were noticed within the observation period. Conclusions: Follow-up with confocal ICG of choroidal melanomas after treatment with local radiation brachytherapy allows for visualization of the microcirculation reaction following radiation brachytherapy. This provides the clinician with additional information for the posttreatment monitoring ofthese patients. Confocal ICG might also be a useful tool to monitor the effects of future antiangiogenesis-based tumor therapies in choroidal melanomas.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 01/12/20 alle ore 08:00:05