Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Current use and outcome of intraaortic balloon counterpulsation in daily practice in cardiology
Autore:
Mark, B; Zahn, R; Donges, K; Bergmeier, C; Schiele, R; Taubert, G; Seidl, KH; Senges, J;
Indirizzi:
Klinikum Stadt Ludwigshafen, Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, D-67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany Klinikum Stadt Ludwigshafen Ludwigshafen Germany D-67063 shafen, Germany
Titolo Testata:
MEDIZINISCHE KLINIK
fascicolo: 8, volume: 95, anno: 2000,
pagine: 429 - 434
SICI:
0723-5003(20000815)95:8<429:CUAOOI>2.0.ZU;2-M
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
GER
Soggetto:
ACUTE MYOCARDIAL-INFARCTION; HIGH-RISK PATIENTS; CARDIOGENIC-SHOCK; CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY; AORTIC COUNTERPULSATION; COMPLICATIONS; REVASCULARIZATION; STRATEGY; SURGERY; FAILURE;
Keywords:
intraaortic balloon counterpulsation; indication; cardiogenic shock; acute myocardial infarction; complications; follow-up;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Citazioni:
31
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Mark, B Klinikum Stadt Ludwigshafen, Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Bremserstr 79, D-67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany Klinikum Stadt Ludwigshafen Bremserstr 79Ludwigshafen Germany D-67063
Citazione:
B. Mark et al., "Current use and outcome of intraaortic balloon counterpulsation in daily practice in cardiology", MED KLIN, 95(8), 2000, pp. 429-434

Abstract

Background: Intraaortic balloon counterpulsation (IABC) is an established technique for temporary support of the left ventricular function. However, less is known about the current use and outcome of IABC in daily clinical practice. Patients and Method: From July 1995 to May 1999 all patients receiving an IABC in the Department of Cardiology of the Heart Center Ludwigshafen were included in a consecutive registry and follow-up data were obtained. Results: Sixty-six patients (mean age 65 years, 64% male) received an IABCduring the registration period. In 95% of cases the indication for IABC was the presence of cardiogenic shock. The shock was due to an acute myocardial infarction in 83%, other reasons were less frequent (less than or equal to 5%). Total inhospital mortality was 48%. Patients in shock due to myocardial infarction (53%) showed the highest mortality. During follow-up (median 20 months) another 21% died. Complications occurred in 20% of patients under IABC, including vascular complications ill 12%, infections in 5% and major bleedings in 3%. There was no difference between mortality among patients with complications and total mortality. Conclusion: Main indication for IABC in daily practice is the presence of cardiogenic shock (95%), dominantly due to myocardial infarction (83%). Despite IABC therapy, half of these patients die during the hospital stay. High mortality of cardiogenic shock in myocardial infarction with pharmacological therapy justifies IABC treatment with regard to a rate of complicationsof 20%.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 26/01/20 alle ore 10:54:28