Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Radiotherapy in the management of cutaneous B-cell lymphoma. Our experience in 25 cases
Autore:
Kirova, YM; Piedbois, Y; Le Bourgeois, JP;
Indirizzi:
Henri Mondor Univ Hosp, Dept Cancerol, F-94010 Creteil, France Henri Mondor Univ Hosp Creteil France F-94010 l, F-94010 Creteil, France Henri Mondor Univ Hosp, Dept Cancerol, AERO, Creteil, France Henri Mondor Univ Hosp Creteil France t Cancerol, AERO, Creteil, France
Titolo Testata:
RADIOTHERAPY AND ONCOLOGY
fascicolo: 1, volume: 52, anno: 1999,
pagine: 15 - 18
SICI:
0167-8140(199907)52:1<15:RITMOC>2.0.ZU;2-5
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
ORIGIN;
Keywords:
cutaneous B-cell lymphoma; radiation therapy;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Clinical Medicine
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
18
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Kirova, YM Henri Mondor Univ Hosp, Dept Cancerol, 51 Ave Mal Lattre Tassigny, F-94010Creteil, France Henri Mondor Univ Hosp 51 Ave Mal Lattre Tassigny Creteil France F-94010
Citazione:
Y.M. Kirova et al., "Radiotherapy in the management of cutaneous B-cell lymphoma. Our experience in 25 cases", RADIOTH ONC, 52(1), 1999, pp. 15-18

Abstract

Purpose: To report our results in the treatment with radiation therapy of 25 patients affected by B-cell lymphoma with initial cutaneous presentation. Materials and methods: From October 1978 to June 1997, we have treated 25 patients with cutaneous B-cell lymphoma (CBCL) by cutaneous irradiation. There were 17 males and eight females, aged from 23 to 89 years (median age 50 years). The mean follow-up time for the series was 3.9 years (range from 0.2 to 15 years) from the completion of radiation therapy. All patients were staged as follows: in group 1, single lesion; group 2, multiple lesions; group 3, disseminated lesions. There were six (24%) patients in group 1, 15(60%) patients in group 2, and four (16%) in group 3. There were nine patients with head and neck lesions, 11 patients with trunk lesions, and five patients with leg lesions. Thirteen patients (52%) had previously received chemotherapy for CBCL. Extended held irradiation was used to treat six patients (24%). Localized field irradiation (LFI) was performed for the other 19patients (76%). Results: The overall survival rate at 5 years was 73%. The complete response (CR) to the treatment for our series was 92%. The length of complete remission ranged from 2 to 180 months. There were three patients (8%) who obtained partial response (PR). Disease-free survival (DFS) at 1 year was 91%, and at 5 years was 75%. Radiotherapy was generally well tolerated. Conclusions: Localized field irradiation is an effective treatment for some legalized forms of primary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma and can obtain prolonged remissions. The patients with wide-spread skin involvement are usuallycandidates for extended field irradiation and/or chemotherapy. For the advanced stages of cutaneous B-cell lymphoma, where the chemotherapy is the treatment of choice, some good palliation can be achieved using local field irradiation. (C) 1999 Elsevier Science Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 01/12/20 alle ore 09:45:07