Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)
Titolo: What is the speed of transparent and kinetic-boundary displays?
Autore: De Bruyn, B; Orban, GA;
- Univ Surrey, Dept Psychol, Guildford GU2 5XH, Surrey, England Univ SurreyGuildford Surrey England GU2 5XH ord GU2 5XH, Surrey, England Katholieke Univ Leuven, Lab Neuro & Psychofysiol, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium Katholieke Univ Leuven Louvain Belgium B-3000 l, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium
- Titolo Testata:
pagine: 703 - 709
- RANDOM-DOT PATTERNS; MOTION PERCEPTION; DIRECTION DISCRIMINATION; STEREO VISION; OPTIC FLOW; VELOCITY; MOVEMENT; INTEGRATION; LUMINANCE; COHERENCE;
- Tipo documento:
- Settore Disciplinare:
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Indirizzi per estratti:
- Indirizzo: De Bruyn, B Univ Surrey, Dept Psychol, Guildford GU2 5XH, Surrey, England Univ Surrey Guildford Surrey England GU2 5XH Surrey, England
- B. De Bruyn e G.A. Orban, "What is the speed of transparent and kinetic-boundary displays?", PERCEPTION, 28(6), 1999, pp. 703-709
Abstract To compare transparent motion and kinetic boundaries with unidirectional motion, in many studies the relative motion is generated by superimposing oradjoining unidirectional motions oriented in opposite directions. The presumption, tacitly underlying this comparison, is that the two oppositely directed velocities are independent of one another as far as their speed is concerned, ie the speed of the relative motion is presumed to be equivalent to the speed of the unidirectional components. Here we report that the relative motion between dots moving in opposite directions augments perceived speed. A constant-stimuli procedure was used to pair transparent-motion or kinetic-boundary displays with unidirectional motion, and human observers were asked to match the speed of the relative and unidirectional motions. The results show that transparency and kinetic boundaries increase the perceived visual speed by about 50%, compared with the speed of the individual components.
ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 24/09/20 alle ore 21:03:40