Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Differential roles of NMDA and non-NMDA receptors in synaptic responses ofneurons in nucleus tractus solitarii of the rat
Autore:
Yen, JC; Chan, JYH; Chan, SHH;
Indirizzi:
Natl Sun Yat Sen Univ, Ctr Neurosci, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan Natl Sun Yat Sen Univ Kaohsiung Taiwan 80424 ci, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan Natl Sun Yat Sen Univ, Dept Biol Sci, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan Natl Sun YatSen Univ Kaohsiung Taiwan 80424 ci, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan Natl Yang Ming Med Coll, Inst Pharmacol, Taipei 11221, Taiwan Natl Yang Ming Med Coll Taipei Taiwan 11221 rmacol, Taipei 11221, Taiwan Vet Gen Hosp Kaohsiung, Dept Med Educ & Res, Kaohsiung 81346, Taiwan Vet Gen Hosp Kaohsiung Kaohsiung Taiwan 81346 s, Kaohsiung 81346, Taiwan
Titolo Testata:
JOURNAL OF NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
fascicolo: 6, volume: 81, anno: 1999,
pagine: 3034 - 3043
SICI:
0022-3077(199906)81:6<3034:DRONAN>2.0.ZU;2-N
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
METHYL-D-ASPARTATE; BRAIN-STEM PROJECTIONS; AORTIC DEPRESSOR NERVE; AMINO-ACID RECEPTORS; C-FOS PROTEIN; BARORECEPTOR REFLEX; IN-VITRO; L-GLUTAMATE; CAROTID BARORECEPTORS; SUBUNIT COMPOSITION;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
57
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Chan, SHH Natl Sun Yat Sen Univ, Ctr Neurosci, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan Natl Sun Yat Sen Univ Kaohsiung Taiwan 80424 ung 80424, Taiwan
Citazione:
J.C. Yen et al., "Differential roles of NMDA and non-NMDA receptors in synaptic responses ofneurons in nucleus tractus solitarii of the rat", J NEUROPHYS, 81(6), 1999, pp. 3034-3043

Abstract

The relative role of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) and non-NMDA receptors insynaptic responses of neurons in caudal nucleus tractus solitarii (cNTS) was delineated by immunohistochemical and electrophysiologic experiments in rats. Double immunohistochemical staining in in vivo experiments revealed that similar to 80% of cNTS neurons that showed Fos-like immunoreactivity induced by baroreceptor activation were generally also immunoreactive to nonNMDA receptor subunits GluR1 or GluR2. On the other hand, only 20% of Fos-labeled cNTS neurons showed immunoreactivity to NMDA receptor subunits NMDAR1or NMDAR2. Stimulation of the ipsilateral solitary tract at suprathresholdintensity in slice preparations induced Fos expression in the cNTS and evoked either a single action potential or a complex synaptic response consisting of an initial action potential followed by a secondary slow depolarization. In a majority (70%) of cNTS neurons that exhibited the complex synaptic response, both the initial and secondary components were eliminated reversibly by 6-cyano-7-nitroquinoxaline-2,3-dione (20 mu M). This non-NMDA antagonist also inhibited the single action potential manifested by the other population of cNTS neurons. On the other hand, only the secondary slow depolarization was blocked by D(-)-2-amino-5-phosphonopentanoic acid (250 mu M) or potentiated by NMDA (1.7 mu M). Our results suggested that NMDA and non-NMDA receptors are involved differentially in the synaptic responses of cNTS neurons. Non-NMDA receptors may be distributed predominantly on a majority of the second-order cNTS neurons that may receive primary baroreceptor afferent inputs. On the other hand, NMDA receptors are located primarily on higher-order neurons, which may be connected reciprocally with the second-order cNTS neurons.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 13/07/20 alle ore 04:03:07