Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
MOLECULAR TYPING OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND PATIENT ISOLATES OF ASPERGILLUS-FUMIGATUS FROM VARIOUS HOSPITAL SETTINGS
Autore:
CHAZALET V; DEBEAUPUIS JP; SARFATI J; LORTHOLARY J; RIBAUD P; SHAH P; CORNET M; THIEN HV; GLUCKMAN E; BRUCKER G; LATGE JP;
Indirizzi:
INST PASTEUR,LAB ASPERGILLUS,25 RUE DR ROUX F-75724 PARIS FRANCE INST PASTEUR,LAB ASPERGILLUS F-75724 PARIS FRANCE ASSISTANCE PUBL HOP PARIS,SEHP F-75001 PARIS FRANCE HOP ST LOUIS,UNITE GREFFE MOELLE OSSEUSE F-75010 PARIS FRANCE HOP HOTEL DIEU,MICROBIOL LAB F-75004 PARIS FRANCE HOP TROUSSEAU,MICROBIOL LAB F-75012 PARIS FRANCE UNIV FRANKFURT KLINIKUM,ZIM INFEKTIOL D-60590 FRANKFURT GERMANY
Titolo Testata:
Journal of clinical microbiology
fascicolo: 6, volume: 36, anno: 1998,
pagine: 1494 - 1500
SICI:
0095-1137(1998)36:6<1494:MTOEAP>2.0.ZU;2-Q
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
INVASIVE PULMONARY ASPERGILLOSIS; MARROW TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTS; ACUTE-LEUKEMIA; BONE-MARROW; NOSOCOMIAL ASPERGILLOSIS; FUNGAL-INFECTIONS; RESPIRATORY-TRACT; POLYMORPHIC DNA; CANCER-PATIENTS; DIAGNOSIS;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
42
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
V. Chazalet et al., "MOLECULAR TYPING OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND PATIENT ISOLATES OF ASPERGILLUS-FUMIGATUS FROM VARIOUS HOSPITAL SETTINGS", Journal of clinical microbiology, 36(6), 1998, pp. 1494-1500

Abstract

Fingerprinting of more than 700 clinical and environmental isolates of Aspergillus fumigatus from four differential hospital settings was undertaken with a dispersed repeated DNA sequence. The analysis of the environmental isolates showed that the airborne A. fumigatus population is extremely diverse, with 85% of the strains being represented as asingle genotype isolated once. The remaining 15% of the strains were isolated several times and were able to persist for several months in the same hospital environment. No strains were found to be associated with a specific location inside the hospital, and identical strains were isolated from different buildings of the hospital and outdoors. Isolation of the same strain both from patients and from the environment of the same hospital is highly suggestive of a nosocomial infection. The characteristics of the environmental fungal population explains thetwo main results obtained from the typing of the clinical isolates: (i) the absence of a common strain responsible for an invasive aspergillosis outbreak results from the extreme diversity of the environmentalPopulation of A. fumigatus in contact with the patients, and (ii) patients hospitalized in different wards of the same hospital can be infected with the same strain since every patient might inhale the same spore population.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 09/07/20 alle ore 18:10:10