Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
Fe-59 is retained from an elemental Fe-59 powder supplement without effects on (65)zinc, (47)calcium and (67)copper in young pigs
Autore:
Zinn, KR; Chaudhuri, TR; Mountz, JM; van den Berg, GJ; Gordon, DT; Johanning, GL;
Indirizzi:
Univ Alabama, Med Ctr, Dept Radiol, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA Univ AlabamaBirmingham AL USA 35294 ept Radiol, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA Univ Alabama, Med Ctr, Dept Nutr Sci, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA Univ Alabama Birmingham AL USA 35294 t Nutr Sci, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA Delft,Univ Technol, Interfac Reactor Inst, Dept Radiochem, NL-2629 JB Delft Delft Univ Technol Delft Netherlands NL-2629 JB iochem, NL-2629 JB Delft N Dakota State Univ, Dept Cereal Sci, Fargo, ND 58105 USA N Dakota State Univ Fargo ND USA 58105 pt Cereal Sci, Fargo, ND 58105 USA
Titolo Testata:
JOURNAL OF NUTRITION
fascicolo: 1, volume: 129, anno: 1999,
pagine: 181 - 187
SICI:
0022-3166(199901)129:1<181:FIRFAE>2.0.ZU;2-3
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
ZINC-ABSORPTION; IRON-DEFICIENCY; CALCIUM; COPPER; BIOAVAILABILITY; METABOLISM; PREVENTION; INFANTS; HUMANS; MODEL;
Keywords:
elemental iron; zinc; calcium; pigs;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Agriculture,Biology & Environmental Sciences
Life Sciences
Citazioni:
33
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Indirizzo: Zinn, KR Univ Alabama, Med Ctr, Dept Radiol, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA UnivAlabama Birmingham AL USA 35294 l, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA
Citazione:
K.R. Zinn et al., "Fe-59 is retained from an elemental Fe-59 powder supplement without effects on (65)zinc, (47)calcium and (67)copper in young pigs", J NUTR, 129(1), 1999, pp. 181-187

Abstract

In vivo counting with the use of a germanium detector evaluated the retention of an elemental Fe-59 powder supplement while measuring potential interactions with zinc, calcium and copper. Effects of dietary iron and zinc on in vivo retentions of Fe-59, Zn-65, Cu-67 and Ca-47 were studied in young pigs. In Experiment 1, 4-d-old piglets fed a cereal-based diet were randomlyassigned to one of four treatment groups (2 x 2 factorial arrangement, n =5 per group). Variables were dietary iron source (either elemental iron orFeSO4, each at 100 mg iron/kg diet) and the dosage form of radioactive iron (either elemental Fe-59 powder or (FeSO4)-Fe-59). Experiment 2 (2 x 3 factorial arrangement) was performed using two levels of iron (100 and 200 mg/kg, as elemental iron) and three levels of zinc (25, 50 and 100 mg/kg). Piglets were also dosed with Ca-47, Zn-65 and Cu-67; all radioisotopes were measured for 8 d. Apparent absorption of elemental Fe-59 powder was 13 +/- 1%, whereas 59Fe sulfate was significantly (P < 0.05) higher at 26 +/- 1%. The FeSO4 diet decreased Zn-65 retention in Experiment 1, in contrast to the elemental iron diet, which did not have this effect in either experiment, Apparent Zn-65 absorption averaged 44 +/- 2, 35 +/- 1 and 27 +/- 2% for the three levels of zinc (25, 50 and 100 mg/kg), respectively. Retention of Ca-47 was not affected by dietary iron or zinc; retention of Cu-67 was not affected by dietary iron. The data demonstrate good bioavailability of elemental iron without effects on zinc, copper and calcium.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 10/08/20 alle ore 01:48:30