Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
INCREASED FREQUENCY OF APOLIPOPROTEIN-B SIGNAL PEPTIDE SP24 24 IN PATIENTS WITH CORONARY-ARTERY DISEASE - GENERAL ALLELE SURVEY IN THE POPULATION OF TAIWAN AND COMPARISON WITH CAUCASIANS/
Autore:
WU JH; WEN MS; LO SK; CHERN MS;
Indirizzi:
CHANG GUNG MED COLL,DEPT MICROBIOL & IMMUNOL,MOLEC GENET LAB 3 TAYUANTAIWAN CHANG GUNG MED COLL,DEPT PUBL HLTH TAYUAN TAIWAN CHANG GUNG MEM HOSP,DEPT INTERNAL MED,CARDIOL SECT TAYUAN TAIWAN
Titolo Testata:
Clinical genetics
fascicolo: 5, volume: 45, anno: 1994,
pagine: 250 - 254
SICI:
0009-9163(1994)45:5<250:IFOASP>2.0.ZU;2-E
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
INSERTION DELETION POLYMORPHISM; MYOCARDIAL-INFARCTION; ENZYMATIC AMPLIFICATION; CHINESE POPULATION; COMPLETE CDNA; SEQUENCE; LIPOPROTEIN; CHOLESTEROL; ECTIM;
Keywords:
ALLELE FREQUENCY; APOLIPOPROTEIN-B; CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE; SIGNAL PEPTIDE;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
21
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
J.H. Wu et al., "INCREASED FREQUENCY OF APOLIPOPROTEIN-B SIGNAL PEPTIDE SP24 24 IN PATIENTS WITH CORONARY-ARTERY DISEASE - GENERAL ALLELE SURVEY IN THE POPULATION OF TAIWAN AND COMPARISON WITH CAUCASIANS/", Clinical genetics, 45(5), 1994, pp. 250-254

Abstract

Apolipoprotein B (apoB) signal peptide (sp) polymorphism was characterized by polymerase chain reaction in blood samples of 58 coronary artery disease (CAD) patients and 319 control individuals of Chinese Han ethnic origin in Taiwan. In the CAD group, 77% of the observed alleleswere sp27 (sp with 27 amino acids), and the remaining 23% sp24 (sp with 24 amino acids). The frequency distributions of the apoB sp allele in the control group were 0.81 for sp27 and 0.19 for sp24. The genotype distributions were 0.64 sp27/27, 0.26 sp27/24 and 0.10 sp24/24 in the CAD group; 0.64 sp27/27, 0.33 sp27/24 and 0.03 sp24/24 in the control group. The frequency of sp24/24 was significantly higher (p = 0.0 1 2) in the CAD group than in the control group. Several studies have shown that the frequency of sp24/24 is higher in hyperlipidemic than in normolipidemic groups. This marker is probably in linkage disequlibrium with some other atherogenic genes. Our study shows that the differences in both apoB signal peptide alleles and sp27/27 and sp27/24 genotype distributions are statistically significant between the Taiwanese and Caucasians.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 10/04/20 alle ore 02:38:43