Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
KETOPROFEN PRODUCES PROFOUND INHIBITION OF SPINAL C-FOS PROTEIN EXPRESSION RESULTING FROM AN INFLAMMATORY STIMULUS BUT NOT FROM NOXIOUS HEAT
Autore:
BURITOVA J; HONORE P; BESSON JM;
Indirizzi:
INSERM,U161,2 RUE ALESIA F-75014 PARIS FRANCE EPHE F-75006 PARIS FRANCE
Titolo Testata:
Pain
fascicolo: 2-3, volume: 67, anno: 1996,
pagine: 379 - 389
SICI:
0304-3959(1996)67:2-3<379:KPPIOS>2.0.ZU;2-C
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
IMMEDIATE-EARLY GENES; ASPIRIN-LIKE DRUGS; FORMALIN TEST; CORD NEURONS; PROSTAGLANDIN BIOSYNTHESIS; ANTIINFLAMMATORY DRUGS; DOUBLE-BLIND; DORSAL HORN; RAT; IMMUNOREACTIVITY;
Keywords:
CARRAGEENAN; C-FOS; INFLAMMATORY PAIN; KETOPROFEN; NOXIOUS HEAT; RAT; SPINAL CORD;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Science Citation Index Expanded
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
54
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
J. Buritova et al., "KETOPROFEN PRODUCES PROFOUND INHIBITION OF SPINAL C-FOS PROTEIN EXPRESSION RESULTING FROM AN INFLAMMATORY STIMULUS BUT NOT FROM NOXIOUS HEAT", Pain, 67(2-3), 1996, pp. 379-389

Abstract

This study assesses the anti-inflammatory/analgesic effects of ketoprofen a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, using the method of c-Fosimmunoreactivity at the spinal cord level in two models of noxious stimulation: carrageenan-induced inflammatory pain or acute noxious heat. Ketoprofen was pre-administered intravenously or orally 25 min before an intraplantar injection of carrageenan (6 mg in 150 mu l of saline) in hindpaw of the non-anaesthetised rat or before a single noxious heat (52 degrees C, 15 sec) stimulation of hindpaw of the anaesthetisedrat. Three hours after carrageenan or 2 h after noxious heat, the number of spinal c-Fos protein-like immunoreactive (c-Fos-LI) neurons in L4-L5 segments and both the ankle and paw diameter, the indicator of peripheral oedema, were assessed. Pre-administered ketoprofen (1, 3 and10 mg/kg i.v.) dose-dependently blocks the development of the carrageenan-induced spinal c-Fos protein expression and peripheral oedema, with the highest dose influencing in parallel both parameters (75 +/- 2%diminution of total number of c-Fos-LI neurons per L4-L5 section; 64 /- 4% and 82 +/- 6% diminution of paw and ankle oedema, respectively). The effect of ketoprofen was significantly greater on the number of c-Fos-LI neurons in deep, as compared to superficial, laminae. Furthermore, the dose-dependent effects of ketoprofen on the carrageenan-induced spinal c-Fos protein expression and both the paw and ankle oedema were correlated, Oral pre-administration of ketoprofen (20 mg/kg) produced the blockage of development of the carrageenan-induced spinal c-Fos protein expression (65 +/- 3% diminution of total number of c-Fos-LI neurons per L4-L5 section) and peripheral oedema (20 +/- 3% and 59 +/- 10% diminution of paw and ankle oedema, respectively). In contrast,the same doses of both the intravenous and oral pre-administration ofketoprofen did not influence either the spinal c-Fos protein expression nor slightly enhanced paw diameter induced by a single noxious heatstimulation. This study suggests a predominant peripheral site, without excluding a central site of action of ketoprofen in the carrageenan-induced inflammation. The method of c-Fos protein-like immunoreactivity revealed ketoprofen to be more potent in comparison to members of other families of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, previously studied in the same experimental conditions of carrageenan-induced inflammatory pain.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 06/04/20 alle ore 11:07:11