Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL FACTORS INVOLVED IN CHRONIC IDIOPATHIC PROSTATITIS
Autore:
BERGHUIS JP; HEIMAN JR; ROTHMAN I; BERGER RE;
Indirizzi:
UNIV WASHINGTON,SCH MED,DEPT UROL,OUTPATIENT PSYCHIAT CTR,4225 ROOSEVELT WAY NE,SUITE 306 SEATTLE WA 98105 UNIV WASHINGTON,SCH MED,DEPT UROL,OUTPATIENT PSYCHIAT CTR SEATTLE WA 98105 UNIV WASHINGTON,SCH MED,DEPT PSYCHIAT & BEHAV SCI SEATTLE WA 98105
Titolo Testata:
Journal of psychosomatic research
fascicolo: 4, volume: 41, anno: 1996,
pagine: 313 - 325
SICI:
0022-3999(1996)41:4<313:PAPFII>2.0.ZU;2-L
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
PAIN; QUESTIONNAIRE; ATTRIBUTES; DEPRESSION;
Keywords:
CHRONIC PROSTATITIS; DEPRESSION; PAIN; PERINEOMETRY; PSYCHOLOGICAL FUNCTIONING; SEXUAL PROBLEMS;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
32
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
J.P. Berghuis et al., "PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL FACTORS INVOLVED IN CHRONIC IDIOPATHIC PROSTATITIS", Journal of psychosomatic research, 41(4), 1996, pp. 313-325

Abstract

Idiopathic prostatitis is a common, often chronic condition in which psychological factors are suspected to play a role. Men with chronic prostatitis (n=51) and a control group of 34 men without any chronic pain condition, equivalent on demographic characteristics, were comparedon psychological and perineal muscle tension measures. Prostate-specific antigen and expressed prostatic secretion cell counts were also measured. Chronic prostatitis patients were consistently more elevated than controls on hypochondriasis, depression, and hysteria (MMPI), and on somaticization and depression (Brief Symptom Inventory), and were less elevated on masculine/instrumentality (Personal Attributes Questionnaire) scales. A cluster analysis of MMPI profiles revealed that 57% of the chronic prostatitis patients produced generally unelevated MMPIprofiles; whereas the remaining 43% fell into two groups with distinct pat terns of distress. The results indicate depression and psychosocial distress are common among chronic prostatitis patients, calling for careful evaluation and attention to psychological symptoms. Copyright (C) 1996 Elsevier Science Inc.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 24/09/20 alle ore 21:33:13