Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR IDENTIFICATION OF DOPPLER MICROEMBOLIC SIGNALS BASED ON THE COINCIDENCE METHOD - IN-VITRO AND IN-VIVO EVALUATION
Autore:
GEORGIADIS D; GOEKE J; HILL M; KONIG M; NABAVI DG; STOGBAUER F; ZUNKER P; RINGELSTEIN EB;
Indirizzi:
UNIV HALLE WITTENBERG,DEPT NEUROL,ERNST GRUBE STR 40 D-06097 HALLE GERMANY UNIV MUNSTER,DEPT NEUROL W-4400 MUNSTER GERMANY TECH UNIV COLOGNE COLOGNE GERMANY
Titolo Testata:
Stroke
fascicolo: 4, volume: 27, anno: 1996,
pagine: 683 - 686
SICI:
0039-2499(1996)27:4<683:ANTFIO>2.0.ZU;2-B
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
EMBOLI;
Keywords:
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING; DOPPLER; EMBOLISM;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Science Citation Index Expanded
Science Citation Index Expanded
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
9
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
D. Georgiadis et al., "A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR IDENTIFICATION OF DOPPLER MICROEMBOLIC SIGNALS BASED ON THE COINCIDENCE METHOD - IN-VITRO AND IN-VIVO EVALUATION", Stroke, 27(4), 1996, pp. 683-686

Abstract

Background and Purpose The applicability of a novel differentiation technique in embolus detection based on the coincidence principle and using a multigate probe was evaluated in this study. Methods According to the coincidence method, high-intensity transients should only be classified as microembolic signals if they appear sequentially in the two sample volumes monitored and within a defined time window calculatedfrom the blood velocity and the spatial distance between the insonation depths. Part A: microbubbles were introduced in a continuous flow bench model of the middle cerebral artery to evaluate the accuracy of the multigate probe in embolus detection. Part B: in the subjects and patients, the minimal and maximum time delays in the appearance of microembolic signals in the two middle cerebral artery sample volumes werecalculated as 0.01 second and set at 0.1 second, respectively. The multigate probe was used to monitor (1) 5 normal volunteers in whom 1008artifact signals were produced, (2) 2 patients undergoing aortic valve replacement surgery, and (3) 12 patients with potential cardiac or carotid embolic sources. Results In the bench model, 95.5% of microembolic signals produced by microbubbles appeared in the two sample volumes with a time delay between 0.02 and 0.05 second, while in the remaining 4.5% a shorter passage time of 0.01 second was measured. A total of1968 high-intensity signals were recorded in subjects and patients. All but 20 of these (99%) appeared in both monitoring channels within the above time frame. To summarize, 996 (98.8%) of the 1004 artifact signals and 943 (98.1%) of the 961 microembolic signals were correctly classified.Conclusions Application of the coincidence theory to distinguish microembolic signals from artifacts provides a promising new technique with high sensitivity and specificity that could decisively improve the validity of embolus detection.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 27/01/21 alle ore 02:57:50