Catalogo Articoli (Spogli Riviste)

OPAC HELP

Titolo:
CONCURRENT 72-HOUR CONTINUOUS-INFUSION OF ETOPOSIDE AND CISPLATIN IN METASTATIC BREAST-CANCER
Autore:
REMICK SC; CHMURA M; BROMBERG C; SPORN J; HEALEY B; HILSTRO J; DECONTI RC; HORTON J; RUCKDESCHEL JC; HARPER GR;
Indirizzi:
ALBANY MED COLL,DEPT MED,47 NEW SCOTLAND AVE,A-52 ALBANY NY 12208
Titolo Testata:
American journal of clinical oncology
fascicolo: 2, volume: 19, anno: 1996,
pagine: 125 - 131
SICI:
0277-3732(1996)19:2<125:C7COEA>2.0.ZU;2-L
Fonte:
ISI
Lingua:
ENG
Soggetto:
CELL LUNG-CANCER; PHASE-II; ONCOLOGY-GROUP; CIS-DICHLORODIAMINEPLATINUM; 1ST-LINE THERAPY; RANDOMIZED TRIAL; DOSAGE SCHEDULES; PLATINUM-II; CHEMOTHERAPY; VP-16-213;
Tipo documento:
Article
Natura:
Periodico
Settore Disciplinare:
Science Citation Index Expanded
Citazioni:
41
Recensione:
Indirizzi per estratti:
Citazione:
S.C. Remick et al., "CONCURRENT 72-HOUR CONTINUOUS-INFUSION OF ETOPOSIDE AND CISPLATIN IN METASTATIC BREAST-CANCER", American journal of clinical oncology, 19(2), 1996, pp. 125-131

Abstract

We conducted a multiinstitutional phase II clinical trial to determine the toxicity, response, and survival rate of concurrent 72-h continuous infusion of etoposide and cisplatin in patients with metastatic breast cancer. A total of 26 women were enrolled, 4 of whom received no prior chemotherapy for metastatic disease. All patients were evaluatedfor toxicity, response, and survival employing the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Common Toxicity Criteria and the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) response criteria. A total of 84 cycles of therapy were administered, median 3 (range 1 to 6). Severe grade 3 and grade 4neutropenia occurred in 22 cycles (26%), and there were only II episodes (11%) of similar grade thrombocytopenia. Nausea and vomiting were seen in one third of cycles. A single patient (4%) had a complete remission, and seven patients (27%) had partial remissions for an overall objective response rate of 31% (95% confidence interval, 13 to 49%). Three of four patients (75%) without prior therapy for metastatic disease had objective responses. Median survival was 7 months. This combination regimen is active in extensively treated patients with metastaticbreast cancer. It is reasonable to further investigate the role of etoposide-cisplatin combination chemotherapy as first-line therapy for patients with metastatic breast cancer.

ASDD Area Sistemi Dipartimentali e Documentali, Università di Bologna, Catalogo delle riviste ed altri periodici
Documento generato il 04/07/20 alle ore 21:20:59